Thanks for checking out Two Man Advantage, an independent blog dedicated to covering the BU Terriers Men's Hockey Team. It is in no way affiliated with Boston University, Boston University Athletics, Hockey East or the NCAA. Enjoy.


Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Vinny Sap "Shocked" He Was Booted From the Team

Tells Daily Free Press "I Didn't See This Coming"

Jake Seiner of the FreeP talked to Vinny Saponari today after the news came down that he was being released from the Terrier Hockey team.  Vinny claims that he was blindsided by the decision.


Vinny Pictured on the Ice When Colby Scored to Win it All

Here are a collection of quotes from the conversation Seiner had with Saponari:

“I just found out today, like all of you, and I’m pretty shocked, just as shocked as everyone else.  I didn’t see this coming. I know I’d made some mistakes as far as rules go, but I really didn’t think it would lead to this.”

“[Parker] said that he didn’t feel like he wanted me on the team anymore.  I didn’t really have a chance to argue back or give any feedback. I didn’t really have a choice. Our meeting was pretty short, didn’t last very long.”

“There was a drinking rule that was broken earlier during the year, and then I was late to a bike ride, and that was pretty much it really."
"To me, do I think it’s justified? No. I love this team, and I wasn’t ready to leave. I made a mistake or two since I’ve been here, but I didn’t feel like I was a bad thing for the team, or any kind of bad influence. To me, it’s unjust, to [Parker], maybe not.”
Just a few weeks ago, Vinny and Corey Trivino became (moderate) internet stars thanks to their re-make of "Party Like a Rockstar."  Their song, "Party Like a Puckstar," was awful.  Legitimately just brutal.  In case you haven't heard it yet, here it is.



When the news came down about the punishments, Barstool joked that their posting of the video was a factor in the players getting punished.  While I doubt that, plenty of people have raised the question of whether or not the video itself played into Parker's decision to drop Vinny and suspend Corey.  Vinny addressed that in his interview as well.

“[Parker] said that wasn’t a factor in his decision.  I can’t imagine that being true because the only other two things I’ve done was when I went out on a night we’re not supposed to and was late to a bike ride. I can’t understand how that didn’t play a part.  I think the teammate we shared it with shared it with other people, and me and Corey weren’t aware of that.  It wasn’t the teammate who posted online. I know they wouldn’t do that. Unfortunately for us, it happened that way, and really blew out of proportion from being something we were doing while we were bored in our dorm room to people taking offense to it. We’re definitely sorry about that.”
Once again, credit to Jake Seiner for talking to Vinny so extensively.  If and when we hear from Corey and or Victor, we'll bring you that as well.

0 comments: