Thanks for checking out Two Man Advantage, an independent blog dedicated to covering the BU Terriers Men's Hockey Team. It is in no way affiliated with Boston University, Boston University Athletics, Hockey East or the NCAA. Enjoy.


Friday, March 5, 2010

Do or Die Time

How Bad Does BU Want It?


I stated last weekend that BU is done.  Stick a fork in em.  I still believe that in the long term, this team does not have what it takes to repeat as National Champions.  And make no mistake, that is the goal at Boston University.  They're like the Yankees.  Playoffs be damned, we want rings.

However, not being good enough for a title, and not being good enough to advance to the second round of the Hockey East playoffs are entirely different things.  It's entirely possible for BU to make it to TD Garden next weekend as one of the Final Four teams in Hockey East.  I just doubt they can get beyond that.

Nonetheless, I've been wrong about this team before, and I sure hope that I'm wrong again.  Maybe they'll go out tonight and stomp NU to kick off a magical run all the way to Detroit.  Who knows.

What I do know is that if they want their season to extend beyond this weekend, and at least make me eat my words a little bit, the Terriers absolutely need to come out and play with some energy to earn at least 2 points this weekend.  Two wins would be outstanding.  One win would be acceptable.  No wins would be an absolute disaster.

How bad do they want it?

0 comments: