Thanks for checking out Two Man Advantage, an independent blog dedicated to covering the BU Terriers Men's Hockey Team. It is in no way affiliated with Boston University, Boston University Athletics, Hockey East or the NCAA. Enjoy.


Wednesday, March 10, 2010

OH THE IRONY!!!!

This is Why Stats Suck

As I was browsing through collegehockeystats.net (yes, that's how I spend my day) I realized that Kieran Millan has had a worse season than I realized.  I was all set to write a post about that but then I noticed this:




RANK      NAME                    SCHOOL          CLASS    SHOTS FACED   GOALS ALLOWED   SV%
75   Brett Bennett (PHO)          Wisconsin         JR          278          36         .885
 76  Kieran Millan (COA)        Boston University   SO          673          89         .883

Just one spot ahead of Kieran Millan in the national rankings for save percentage is none other than He Who Must Not Be Named.

Even worse are the goals against numbers.


RANK        NAME                 SCHOOL        CLASS      MIN    GOALS GAA

40        Brett Bennett (PHO)        Wisconsin         JR       765:00    36    2.82

66        Kieran Millan (COA)        Boston University SO      1627:45    89    3.28

Feel like you just got punched in the gut?  Me too.  But it's not over yet.  How about winning percentage?  Surely, Kieran must have the edge there, right?





RANK            NAME                  SCHOOL        CLASS          RECORD      WIN %

26      Brett Bennett (PHO)        Wisconsin         JR           8- 6- 0     .571

44      Kieran Millan (COA)        Boston University SO          14-14- 0     .500
Ugh.  Just kill me now.

Oh yeah, one more thing.  Wisconsin is ranked #3 overall in the nation as well as in the PairWise.  I feel sick.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.